“Drive to Work in a New Tesla” Recruiting Promotion
Official Rules and Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility: The Accelerate Your Career with Vencore Recruiting Promotion (“Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the United States who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry and who, during the Promotion Period, are either: (a) hired by Vencore, Inc. (“Sponsor”) as a new employee into a full-time, direct-charge position located in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area (“New Vencore Employee”) or (b) a current employee of Sponsor who works in a position located in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area and who refers a New Vencore Employee consistent with Sponsor’s employee referral policies (“Referring Vencore Employee”). The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited. The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Tesla, Inc.
2. Agreement to Revised Official Rules and Conditions: Participation in this Promotion constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Revised Official Rules and Conditions, and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Promotion. By entering, the potential winner certifies that he or she meets all eligibility requirements. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all of the requirements set forth in these Revised Official Rules and Conditions.
3. Promotion Period: The Promotion begins on November 1, 2017 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”), ends on March 30, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, all New Vencore Employees and Referring Vencore Employees who do not expressly opt out will be automatically entered in the Promotion by Sponsor (each, an “Entry”). A list of eligible Entries will be maintained by Sponsor’s Human Capital Department and updated on a weekly basis during the Promotion Period. At any time during the Promotion Period, an employee of Sponsor may contact Sponsor’s Human Capital Department to confirm whether he or she has been entered in the Promotion pursuant to these Revised Official Rules and Conditions, or to opt out of the Promotion.
5. Random Drawing: One (1) potential winner will be determined in a random drawing on or by April 5, 2018. The odds of winning are determined by the number of eligible Entries.
6. Winner Requirements: The potential winner will be notified by Sponsor on or around April 5, 2018 through his or her Vencore e-mail address. The potential winner must satisfy the following requirements in order to receive the prize: (a) submit to an initial, and thereafter annual, Motor Vehicle Record (“MVR”) screening; (b) possess and maintain a valid U.S. driver’s license; (c) execute and comply with all terms and conditions of the Vehicle Assignment Agreement provided by Sponsor, including without limitation, any driver and/or territory restrictions and compliance with applicable motor vehicle laws; and (d) remain an employee in good standing with Sponsor. In the event that Sponsor’s insurance carrier refuses to provide coverage based upon the results of the MVR screening, or the potential winner refuses to execute the Vehicle Assignment Agreement for any reason, the potential winner will not receive the prize and an alternate winner will be selected from among all remaining eligible Entries. In addition, if during the term of the Vehicle Assignment Agreement the winner is reassigned or transferred to a permanent work location outside the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area, the prize may be forfeited and withdrawn.
The potential winner will be required to sign and return within one (1) week of notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity release and the Vehicle Assignment Agreement. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner from among all remaining eligible Entries. If Sponsor is not able to contact the potential prize winner, or if the potential prize winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may select an alternate potential prize winner from among all remaining eligible Entries. Sponsor may select up to three (3) alternate prize winners; thereafter, if a potential prize winner cannot be verified in accordance with these Revised Official Rules and Conditions, the prize may not be awarded.
Acceptance of the prize shall constitute and signify the winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, photo, and/or prize information in connection with the Promotion for promotional, advertising, or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission, or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
7. Prize: One (1) winner will receive use of a leased 2017 Tesla Model S 75 through approximately January 19, 2021, subject to these Revised Official Rules and Conditions. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of this thirty-three (33) month vehicle lease is $72,000. The actual value of the prize is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Revised Official Rules and Conditions and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. Delivery, insurance, and any costs associated with scheduled maintenance are included; the costs of electricity to charge the vehicle are not included. The prize is non-transferable, and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or component thereof) for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. The winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use, though Sponsor will gross-up the winner’s salary to cover associated income taxes. The value of the prize will be reported to the winner and the Internal Revenue Service in a Form W-2.
8. Release: By entering the Promotion, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt, use, or misuse of any prize.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error, or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If the Promotion is terminated for such reason, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Entries received up to the time of termination. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion, or to be acting in violation of the Revised Official Rules and Conditions of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, and to void all associated Entries. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Revised Official Rules and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical, or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Promotion; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network, or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the announcement of the prize or in any Promotion-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged, or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt, use, or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmission, or any combination thereof.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia (Alexandria Division) or the appropriate Circuit Court located in Fairfax County, Virginia; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Revised Official Rules and Conditions, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
12. Winner List: For the name of the winner, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Vencore, Inc., Attn: Human Capital Department, 15052 Conference Center Drive, Chantilly, Virginia 20151, by May 31, 2018. Allow four (4) weeks for delivery of the name of the winner. Void where prohibited.
13. Sponsor: Vencore, Inc., 15052 Conference Center Drive, Chantilly, Virginia 20151.
© 2018 Vencore, Inc., All rights reserved.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Tesla, Inc.