Vencore Third Party Assessment Organization (3PAO)
Vencore 3PAO is accredited by the Federal Risk Authorization and Management Program (FedRAMP℠) to perform initial and periodic assessments of security controls for Cloud Service Providers (CSP).
Vencore 3PAO has extensive experience in security control implementation and the evaluation of mission critical information systems for various government agencies. We provide clients with the technical, policy and operational insight required for a successful compliance assessment to achieve FedRAMP Authority to Operate (ATO) certification, FISMA Compliance (NIST 800-53 Rev 4), NIST 800-171 Compliance and Department of Defense (DoD) Risk Management Framework (RMF) compliance.
Granted initial accreditation under FedRAMP in July 2013, Vencore was successfully re-certified by the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) in October 2017. As FedRAMP will only review security assessment packages from CSPs that have been assessed by an accredited 3PAO, Vencore 3PAO provides the path for either the preparation of assessment, or the formal assessment itself. We provide multiple levels of security assessment services for cloud products and services to help our customers comply with FedRAMP requirements.
Vencore 3PAO Security Assessment Services
As an advisor, Vencore assists organizations to develop understanding of the requirements, impacts to their business and best practice approaches to obtaining (FedRAMP or Agency) ATO certifications.
As an assessor, Vencore conducts independent assessments conforming to FedRAMP requirements, to result in FedRAMP ATO certification.
Assessment Services Include:
- Training/Technical Education
- FedRAMP Overview, Readiness and ATO process requirements
- ATO Documentation Package and Contents
- Security Control Implementation Guidelines
- Continuous Monitoring Requirements
- Gap Assessment
- FedRAMP Security Assessment
- FISMA (NIST SP 800-53)
- NIST SP 800-171
- Vulnerability Assessments
- Penetration Testing
Advisory Services include:
- Classification Alignment for Accreditation Areas
- Shared Compliance Evaluations
- ATO Document Package Creation
- Security Control Implementation Subject Matter Expertise
- Membership and active participation with American Council for Technology and Industry Advisory Council (ACT-IAC) for improvements in FedRAMP certification process
- Partnership with Amazon Web Services (AWS) for support to AWS-based businesses or solutions
- Completion of advisory services to a cloud service provider (CSP) for implementation of the required security controls to satisfy FedRAMP SaaS ATO requirements
- Completion of a FedRAMP ATO security assessment for a CSP to achieve an agency SaaS ATO
- Completion of a FedRAMP Readiness Capabilities assessment for a CSP to achieve the FedRAMP Ready status
For more information, please review our FedRAMP brochure or contact:
3PAO Operational and Project Manager